Thank you Amy, Ari, Brandon, Julie, Lam, Michele, Michelle and Robert. Your lengthy comments on my last post and DM’s all shook me out of my self-pitying funk. Another dear person in my life sent me a list of reasons why I love to run, effectively reminding me the simplest and most complex thing of all: who I am. Here is the email.
- Running makes you beautiful, inside AND out
- Running connects you with people you like…and some that you love
- Running makes you strong, physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Running is something you’re very good at
- Running has given you many blessings and assures you of many more in the future
- Running never promised you it would be easy, if that were so you’d lose interest
- Running is what you want it to be. Long, short, fast, slow, early, late. It isn’t anything you don’t want it to be.
- Running is youthful and cool.
- Running is mature and timeless
- Running helps you define who you are and brings out your best
The folks above all have their own blogs. They are all listed in my blogroll on the right, and I hope you will go read what they write. The blogs are, in corresponding order: Runnin’ Around Uptown, Run Ansky Run, Brandon’s Marathon, Races Like a Girl, The Running Laminator, New York Running Mom, Runnin’ Down a Dream, and To Badwater.